Alright, I’m so excited! I received a request for a maternal newborn post so I scavenged up some of my study guides to help gear studying.
I too had a difficult time with the course. Not because of a quarantine but because of a couple snow days caused me to miss class. And if anyone knows anything about nursing school it’s the fact that missing a couple classes puts you pretty far behind. So, I will help as much as I possibly can! I passed the course with a B so here it goes 🤓. I have also attached a downloadable document of my study guides. In addition, I added an extra little study aid for the exams.
- Adapt to your class
- There’s some classes I’ve taken and I didn’t have time to rewrite my notes. So I had to come up with other idea (more to come).
- Highlight!!! Honestly, the more color (sensible color) the better I remember what I wrote.
- Underline – if something helps your member a term or a concept, underline it. If that’s not enough put it into it’s own separate HIGHLIGHTED box.
- I sometimes have a difficult time remember the “umbrella concept.” So, I make sure to underline the main subject so that clicks in my mind instead of getting confused later down the road
- TAKE BREAKS!
- My fiancé has to remind me after 2 hours to take a break. Set a timer, ANYTHING. Your brain is not going to take in anymore information after that amount of time.
- Go back over notes 2-3 times before exam.
Exam 1 Study Guide
Another Study Aid/Guide: Exam 1
Study Guide Exam 2
Another Study Aid/Guide: Exam 2
I hope even a small amount of this information helps someone. It helped me.
My final exam was cumulative, so I recommend going back over the previous study guides. However, I have also attached a full final exam study guide.